CGSC and CGSC Foundation cohost National Security Roundtable
[picasa width=”600″ height=”400″ bgcolor=”#ffffff” autoplay=”1″ showcaption=”0″ user=”CGSCFoundation” album=”es_NSRT23DEC15″]
The U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and the CGSC Foundation cohosted a National Security Roundtable program Dec. 2-3, 2015 at the Lewis and Clark Center on Fort Leavenworth, Kan. Thirteen leaders from the public and private sector in the Kansas City metro area and around the country were represented in this NSRT class.
During the evening of Dec. 2, the guests were welcomed by the CGSC Deputy Commandant/ArmyU Provost Brig. Gen. John Kem and CGSC Foundation CEO Doug Tystad. Lt. Col. Brian Steed from CGSC’s Department of Joint, Interagency and Multinational Operations (DJIMO) provided a “stage setting” presentation on the Middle East and ISIS, which was followed by a reception. On Dec. 3, DJIMO faculty led panel discussions on ISIS and Domestic Violent Extremism.
DJIMO assigned a military officer student escort from CGSC Class of 2016 to spend the day with the civilian guests in the panel discussions. The escorts also led them around the halls of the Lewis and Clark Center and into their regularly scheduled classes to give them an inside look at CGSC academic life.
At the conclusion of the program Brig. Gen. Kem and CGSC Chairman Lt. Gen. (Ret.) John Miller presented each guest with a graduation certificate. They, along with the DJIMO faculty and student escorts, also received Foundation challenge coins from Tystad.
Leaders in this roundtable program:
- Chris Bellios, Senior Vice President for Defense & Intelligence, Cubic Global Defense
- Bill Byrd, Retired Executive, Quintiles
- Representative Stephanie Clayton, Kansas Legislature, Representative, District 19
- Andrew Ellis, President, UMB Financial Services, UMB Financial Corporation
- J. Eric Kelley, Senior Vice President & Director of Fixed Income, UMB
- Chief Pat Kitchens, Police Chief, City of Leavenworth, Kansas
- Ambassador Charles Larson, Principal LS2 Public Relations & Former Ambassador to Latvia
- Steve McDonald, President & CEO, Geiger Ready Mix
- Captain (U.S. Navy, Ret.) Michael Pandzik, Founding Pres & CEO (Ret.), National Cablevision Television Coop
- Robert Riesmeyer, Owner, Travel Benefits by Design
- Richard Tighe, VP & Mgr Strategy, Marketing & BD, Bechtel Group
- Wesley Hutton Westmoreland, Vice President & Managing Partner, ibex, Inc.
- Jim Wright, Retired Executive Chairman, Tractor Supply Company
Posted: December 4, 2015 by the Simons Center
READ THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE SIMONS CENTER
"*" indicates required fields