2016 DePuy writing competition opens
The Combined Arms Center has announced the 2016 General William E. DePuy Writing Competition. This year’s theme is “Educating the Force: What is the Right Balance between Training and Education?” The contest closes July 11, 2016.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Do soldiers really need higher education? If so, to what level?
- Are the Army’s professional military education (PME) programs teaching the right objectives; and, if so, are graduates applying them? How should the Army ensure PME reflects the force’s needs?
- How should the Army measure the effects of PME on the conduct of Army operations? What metrics should it use?
- How should the Army measure the effects of Army education on soldiers’ careers?
- How well is the Army taking advantage of any educational opportunities it provides soldiers?
- How well are the civilian study programs the Army pays for benefitting the force or the careers of soldiers? What fields of study does the Army need most?
- How should the Army change the way it uses the expertise soldiers gain through civilian study?
First, second, and third place winners will be announced at a later date.
For more information on the DePuy writing competition, please follow the link below.
2016 General William E. DePuy Writing Competition, Combined Arms Center