October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). NCSAM is an annual campaign to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity, and is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident.
Each week of NCSAM has a theme:
- Week 1: October 2-6 – Simple Steps to Online Safety;
- Week 2: October 9-13 – Cybersecurity in the Workplace is Everyone’s Business;
- Week 3: October 16-20 – Today’s Predictions for Tomorrow’s Internet;
- Week 4: October 23-27 – The Internet Wants YOU: Consider a Career in Cybersecurity; and
- Week 5: October 30-31 – Theme: Protecting Critical Infrastructure from Cyber Threats
NCSAM was launched by the National Cyber Security Alliance and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in October 2004.
For more information on National Cyber Security Awareness Month, please follow the links below.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Department of Homeland Security
October: National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, Center for Internet Security
National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Stay Safe Online
READ THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE SIMONS CENTER
"*" indicates required fields