Simons Center 2013 Interagency Writing Competition (deadline March 29, 2013)
The Arthur D. Simons Center for Interagency Cooperation announces its Interagency Writing Competition for 2013. The competition is open to the public and recognizes papers that provide insight and fresh thinking in advancing the knowledge, understanding, and practice of interagency coordination, cooperation, and collaboration at the tactical or operational level of effort. Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 29, 2013.
Entries must be focused on this topic:
Achieving civil-military unity of effort in conflict prevention
and/or humanitarian assistance/ disaster response operations
Winning Authors will receive:
- First Place: Award of $2,000, engraved plaque, certificate of recognition, and publication by the Simons Center.
- Second Place: Award of $1,000, certificate of recognition, and special consideration for publication by the Simons Center.
- Third Place: Award of $500, certificate of recognition, and special consideration for publication by the Simons Center.
Eligibility: This competition is open to the public and recognizes papers that provide insight and fresh thinking in advancing the knowledge, understanding, and practice of interagency coordination, cooperation, and collaboration at the tactical or operational level of effort.
Deadline: All submissions must be received by 5 pm CST on Friday, March 29, 2013.
How to enter:
- Submit an unclassified, original paper examining any aspect – broad or specific – of the topic. Papers should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words in length.
- Previously published papers, papers pending consideration elsewhere for publication, or papers submitted to other competitions still pending announced decisions are ineligible.
- Manuscripts should be single spaced in Microsoft Word format using Times, 12-point type. All graphs, charts, and tables should be submitted as separate files in the format they were created.
- Along with their manuscript, writers must agree to the Simons Center copyright transfer agreement, which is detailed online at www.TheSimonsCenter.org/competition.
- Manuscripts can be submitted through the Simons Center website, or emailed to editor@TheSimonsCenter.org with the subject line “Interagency Writing Competition”.
Evaluation and Judging: A panel of judges will evaluate the entries on originality, substance of argument, style, and contribution to advancing the understanding and practice of interagency cooperation at the operational and tactical levels of effort.
For more information contact the Simons Center at editor@TheSimonsCenter.org or by calling 913-682-7244.
Copyright Transfer Agreement: By virtue of submitting a manuscript, the author agrees to transfer to the Simons Center for the Study of Interagency Cooperation full ownership of all rights, titles, and interests, including the copyright in and to the work submitted. Acceptance of this agreement further signifies the author represents and warrants that he/she is the sole author and sole proprietor of all rights in and to any portion of the work; that the work is original and not in the public domain; that it has not been previously published; that it does not violate or infringe on any personal or property rights of others; that it contains nothing libelous or contrary to law; and that he/she has full power to enter into this agreement.
To Submit A Manuscript: To submit a manuscript for the Simons Center for Interagency Cooperation 2013 Interagency Writing Competition, please visit our content contribution page.
Posted: December 19, 2012 by the Simons Center
READ THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE SIMONS CENTER
"*" indicates required fields