2012 CGSC Faculty Interagency Writing Competition
The Arthur D. Simons Center for the Study of Interagency Cooperation is pleased to announce the opening of its Faculty Interagency Writing Competition for 2012. U.S. Army Command and General Staff College faculty members supporting ILE, SAMS, and SCP courses at Ft. Leavenworth, KS or satellite campuses during 2012 are encouraged to participate.
The Simons Center is seeking original papers examining any aspect of interagency cooperation, coordination, or collaboration at the operational and tactical levels of conflict. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- The Impact of State Department’s QDDR
- Interagency Planning Procedures
- Interagency Cooperation/Collaboration at the Geographic Combatant Command Level
- Validity of Whole-of-Government Concept
- Conflict Prevention
- Interagency Issues in Domestic Disaster Response
- Defense Support to Civil Authorities
- Operational Design as an Interagency Planning Tool
- Economic Development w/Interagency Partners
- Interagency Professional Development
- Interagency Requirements of Mission Command
- Army 2020 Interagency Capability Requirements
- Civil-Military Planning
- Military-to-Civilian Transitions
- Historical Perspectives of Civ-Mil Cooperation
All winners will be recognized during the Golden Pen Awards Ceremony along with:
First Place: Engraved cut glass plaque, award of $250, and publication by The Simons Center.
Second Place: Award of $200 and special consideration for publication.
Third Place: Award of $150 and special consideration for publication.
How to enter:
- Final deadline for papers is 1 Nov. 2012. Submit papers to the Simons Center via email, online submission form, or in hard copy.
Mail: The Simons Center, PO Box 3924, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027.
- Submitted papers must be original manuscripts based on research, first-hand observation, or lessons learned from personal experience and should be 3,000-5,000 words in length, not counting endnotes. A bibliography is not required.
- Papers should include a short biography of the author.
- Previously published papers, or papers pending consideration elsewhere for publication, are ineligible.
Please contact Ray Barrett, Deputy Director at 913.682.7244 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this writing competition.
Posted: November 1, 2012 by the Simons Center
READ THE LATEST UPDATES FROM THE SIMONS CENTER
"*" indicates required fields